Tutor of Guitar, Singing, Ukulele, Bass Guitar, Music Production and Music Theory
Hugh is a qualified and experienced musician with a BMus degree in Music Performance and Production from The London Centre of Contemporary Music. He has been a guitarist/vocalist for over ten years now, playing in several touring bands with genres ranging from funk, indie and rock with performances across the UK. Hugh is an enthusiastic teacher that is passionate about music and enjoy teaching both children and adults. So if you need help...
• Song writing or perhaps you're stuck on creating that bridge for your bands next banger!?
• Help with Logic Pro creating demos for your project?
• Developing your range, pitch, projection, control, tone, diction, runs and vibrato in chest, head and combined voice.
• Getting to grips with the nitty gritty theory side of things?
• Picking things up in a quicker and easier methodology that accelerates your learning and ability to improvise?
• Ear training, replicate melodies, intervals, chords and songs by ear?
• Jamming a few covers of your choice to develop a greater understanding of the guitar, vocals and songwriting?
• Completely breaking it down and pulling it all apart to discover your way around the fret board to construct triads, seventh chords and scales in all positions?
Hugh is a very versatile teacher that understands that every musician is different, and carefully prepares and tailors his sessions to suit your every musical need and always keep it fun!
“Hugh was great. He listened to my objective and the song I’m looking to deliver, broke this down into sections for rehearsal and provided excellent feedback and guidance. He provided some great exercises which I could video for practice and gave me a rehearsal plan. Would strongly recommend for all levels” - Sumon H
“Really nice guy. Very helpful with both my singing and song writing. After only a few lessons my voice has noticeably improved and I now feel confident to sing in public. Would definitely recommend Hugh!” - Rob S
“Hugh is very patient ,professional and easy to work with. My son is really excited working with him. I believe he will help him to reach is full potential” - Paullete G
“Hugh is an excellent teacher, whose enthusiasm and positive disposition has really encouraged and motivated my daughter. He has taught her more in 2 lessons than her one on one music teacher at school had taught her in a year. My daughter has improved dramatically since being tutored by Hugh, I can not recommend him highly enough.” - Tony C
“Hugh has been absolutely wonderful with my son. I cannot believe how much had been achieved in just two lessons! And what I really appreciate are the debrief and demonstrations at the end which allow me to follow my son's process.” - Maria K